Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Heaven for the weather.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm blasting Lil Wayne's "Leather So Soft" and the digital clock on my VCR read 12:20PM. I needed to be at my meeting with our client for Creative[dot]Comm client at 1:00PM today. Do you ever have one of those days where you set the alarm the night before but forget to actually TURN IT ON?! I threw on some clothes that were scattered around my room and washed my face, brushed the chops, and called a cab. For those who don't know about Saint Louis' notorious cab company/empire Laclede Cab Co., you are in luck. They are like Hannah Montana. The best of both worlds, but not in the best connotations. They are usually slow to arrive and slow to take you to your destination. It's a piece of scum in the relatively clean toilet of Saint Louis City.

I arrived at 1:00PM on the dot, without a minute to spare. Our client was late, and that bought me time to gather the group's questions and assure that there were enough chairs for our group and the client.

She's great. I like our client. We previously worked with her a semester or so ago with the Southwest Garden Neighborhood Association and immediately gravitated towards the Frisbee Association as the group I would mentor.

Back-tracking to the weather: It was 68 degrees when I left today. It's dropped 20 degrees in the last hour or so. There are tornado and severe thunderstorm warnings all over the bi-state area. FOX2 reports hail in Cuba and Iron counties of Missouri.

I'm taking Laclede Cab home. I am calling them in ten minutes.

John

1 comment:

suziXcore said...

OMG.
I totally KNEW you were going to be late. Shit. If I knew you were late I would of swung by and got you.