Thursday, February 7, 2008

You can run, but we'll find you.

Is it any wonder why these people in this world are so fucked? I'll tell you why. Oh yeah, I'll tell you why. They spend too much time hating and disagreeing with stuff that does not concern them. They act like they don't know it's wasting both my and their time. But they know. Oh yeah, they fricken know.

Today at school, I was walking down to The Scene to clean up my final page layout and make some corrections on my bookshop ad. There's kind of like a 'commons' area by the bookstore with a bulletin board that people hang stuff on. On it today was a poster for a 'No-Smoking Walk' encouraging non-smoking students and staff to come to Forest Park (the actual park, not my school) some day in the future that I cannot remember and walk against smoking. I'm ready to type this.

What are the problems with this pitiful poster? Let's analyze them with a simple and easy-to-read list!

a. Why would you possibly want to walk against smoking when you are a non-smoker? What sense does that make? What are you trying to protest and prove to the world? How stupid smokers are? Are you trying to save us from the tobacco companies? Honestly, do you think us smokers will look at your stupid fucking protest march and magically say "Hmm, maybe they are on to something here," and quit smoking? Simple-minded, arbitrary, and subject to debate to say the least.

b. When I smoke a cigarette, I know the smoke is going into my lungs. I know that smoking is increasing my risk to form cancer in my lungs and throat. I might even just get me some heart disease. But I also know that smoking cigarettes is my personal health choice. No one else's. The nay-sayers will (of course) say "But what about my health?! Your smoke creates second-hand smoke that I might just breathe in!" Honestly? Are you serious or are you just pullin' my finger? Is that a joke? I don't smoke inside of places that are non-smoking. And when there is a designated smokers' area, I use it all day every day. I smoke outside of school. If someone is walking past, I don't blow smoke in their face and taunt them with "Breathe that cancerous fume in or do not pass!" Simple-minded, arbitrary, and subject to debate to say the least.

c. I see the point of concern against heart disease, emphysema, and lung cancer. That's totally cool. You have a big heart and care about our society's health to ensure that future health care and insurance premiums don't go any higher than they already are for you and your kids. Totally awesome and more power to you. So why march against smoking when you can march against HEART DISEASE! March against EMPHYSEMA, too! And you go on ahead and do the damn thing for LUNG CANCER while you are at it! But never try to judge my personal health habits and what I want to do to my body based on the level of concern that you have for the actual habit as opposed to the health risks that the actual habit presents. I'll have to punch a fucking asshole in their pretty white chops before I let them pass judgment on my personal choices. Simple-minded, arbitrary, and subject to debate to say the least.

It feels like I am missing something here. Ah, yes. The ending to my story.

I tore that fucking poster down and ripped it in half and threw it in the trash. Then went to all the bulletin boards on the fourth floor of the A, B, C, and D towers and tore those posters up too.

I was so stressed after that, I smoked a cigarette.

I am so stressed after typing this blog that I need a cigarette.

Imma smoke one now. Right here. This smoke goes out to all who took the time to read this blog. Don't worry, I'll save some second-hand smoke for you. :D

John

No comments: